games

banggood 18% OFF Magic Cabin Hat Country LLC HearthSong 15% Off Your First Purchase! Code: WELCOME15 Stacy Adams

Friday, April 6, 2012

Filmmaker denies claim that he unfairly released damning audio of Gregg Williams - Yahoo! Sports

yahoo - Google News
Google News
Filmmaker denies claim that he unfairly released damning audio of Gregg Williams - Yahoo! Sports
Apr 6th 2012, 22:48

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

The day after he rocked the sports world by releasing audio of a shocking pregame speech by former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, filmmaker Sean Pamphilon strongly denied that he posted the footage without legal permission.

Sean Pamphilon is shooting a documentary on former Saint Steve Gleason.
(Getty Images)

Reacting to a statement by former Saints special-teams standout Steve Gleason – the subject of one of Pamphilon's upcoming documentaries, who is suffering from ALS – that he violated their contractual agreement by failing to obtain Gleason's authorization, Pamphilon insisted "we do have a production agreement that I followed. I can't understand why Steve would think it's in his best interest to prevent me from telling the truth about Gregg Williams."

The four-page contract does not specifically prohibit either party from posting footage – audio or video – prior to completion of the film.

That contradicts with Gleason's assertion that "Sean Pamphilon and I have an agreement that all recordings ultimately belong to me and my family. Nothing can be released without my explicit approval."

The contract does state that once the film is completed and sold, the Gleason Family Trust owns the footage. However, the film is not yet completed.

The co-production agreement is for a planned feature documentary, tentatively titled "300 Seconds." In Gleason's statement, he intimates that he and Pamphilon were working solely on a "video journal library, documenting my thoughts on life to pass on to" Gleason's son, Rivers. Pamphilon, while acknowledging that project, had previously told Yahoo! Sports that he and Gleason were also working on a feature documentary.

[Related: Steve Gleason says release of Gregg Williams audio was 'unauthorized']

Pamphilon has yet to release video of Williams' speech, instead posting a 12-minute audio file on his website. On Friday afternoon, he gave a statement to Yahoo! Sports (and which he also planned to post on his website) that states, in part: "It is true that from the beginning Steve and his wife [Michel] were opposed to releasing this footage and I felt strongly that the public had a right to hear this material and judge for themselves. To this end we agreed upon a third party, a person of high character who both Steve and I trust implicitly, to mediate and advise us on the final decision. When I received a call from this person saying to release the audio 'the sooner the better,' I did just that."

In the statement, Pamphilon insists he has "nothing but love and respect for Steve, Michel and his whole family." He also addresses the charges from some critics that he released the footage for personal gain: "I have taken no money. I am a man of modest means and for the past year have financially gone out on a limb to document Steve and Michel Gleason's life, as well as contribute to their various ventures regarding Team Gleason. I did this out of love and yes, I hoped it would eventually turn into an amazing film and I would have been rewarded for my efforts.

"The material I shot with Steve this past year was unbelievably compelling and there was no doubt this film would have been HUGE. In effect, yesterday, I gave up a sure thing, to do what myself and many other parents would consider the right thing.

"I feel as strongly today as I have from the beginning that the audio speaks for itself and that the public had a right to hear it."

Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:NFL culture change was coming even before Gregg Williams' infamous speech
Stan Van Gundy exposes Dwight Howard's power play for a new Magic coach
Shine: How to stay satisfied at work

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: Donate to Wikileaks.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment